SEA VEG: DULSE “Bacon” Ocean Truffle Plant Based MAC & CHEESE
before we get started you stupid lil putas!
COOKING is COMPLETELY customizable and it ain’t that serious. You can add ball sac water when you need nutritional yeast… or bell pepper where a recipe calls for a boiled tomato! That is the beauty of cooking instead of baking. One substitute of an ingredient might even just create a better recipe! So keep that in mind while cooking any recipes. If you don’t have a spice or herb or ingredient, it isn’t dire. You might not get as elegant of a recipe but YOURE STILL GON BE EATING!
~~ So anything that has * means you can substitute what you got! ~~
- 1/2 cup soaked overnight cashews (if you got no time, bring cashews to a boil and boil for aprx. 15 minutes)
- 1/4 cup boiled walnuts
- 1/4 boiled *yellow onion
- 1/2 boiled sweet potato
- 1/2 boiled *Yukon
- 1 boiled carrot
- 1 tbsp Miso
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or tapioca)
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup water from your boiled veggies
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp *marmite (no nutritional yeast in Norway, so I used Marmite)
- 1 tbsp sweet miso paste
- 1 tsp *garlic powder
- 1 tsp *paprika
- 1 tsp *dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Noodles (do a lot cuz they’re nothing better than left over noodies)
- Dulse, ocean truffle, and Kombu Sea Veggies.
- Crispy fried onions*
Always start by preparing all of your ingredients. It makes the clean up easier and the cooking more fun!
DISCLAIMER: I ALWAYS BOIL POTATOES WITH THE PEEL, IT LOCKS IN NUTRIENTS AND MAKES TAKING SKIN OFF EASIER!
- Boil off your veggies/nuts in a medium to large sauce pot. (If you have kombucha at in about 3 whole leafs)
- Boil off noodles
- once your potatoes can be penetrated (hah penetrated) with a knife, set aside 1/4 cup of your starchy broth/water and strain out the rest. Rinse your veggies with cold water and hand peel your potatoes.
- In a blender add in all of your dries +1/2 of your milk and all of the starchy water.
*** MAKE SURE THE STARCHY WATER IS COLD ENOUGH TO PUT IN A PLASTIC BLENDER IF YOU AREN’T BOUGIE ENOUGH TO HAVE A METAL BENDER! ***
BLEND FOR DEAD ASS…. 8 MIN. AND ADD IN MORE MILK AS YOU GO TILL YOU GET YOUR DESIRED THICKNESS.
BLEND LONGER, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CASHEWS WEREN’T SOAKED OVER NIGHT. The longer the CREAMY CREAMY CREAMY -IER.
Now that your cheese sauce is completed, put the mixture back in a medium sauce pot to get the cornstarch thickening agents in activation mode.
While that is working, strain your noodles and shock them.
- In a medium sauce pot add in butter and ocean truffle if you have it. (a seaweed with great health benefits, and LITERALLY TASTES LIKE TRUFFLE)
- Let the butter simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in your desired amount of noodles and incorporate “truffle” butter.
- Then add in your cheese sauce, incorporate.
In a separate pan:
- heat up olive oil and add in dulse leaf. (another seaweed that mimics bacon but is high in iodine and other minerals that are great for your mind body and tongue)
- THIS DOESN’T FRY you will not hear olive oil popping so keep an eye on it. It also doesn’t crisp in the pan…. it gradually crisps once it cools down. So I’d say fry it for about 5-10 minutes. You can test it little by little, by ripping off a piece letting it cool and munching it.
- once you have reached your desired crispness, dry over paper towel and season with smoked paprika and salt.
Norways has this bangin’ crispy onion that I chopped up with it and I highly recommend going to buy some crispy onions or making them yourselves… It really makes the dish.
In an oven safe dish:
- Add in cheesy noodles
- top with “bacon” and crispy onions
- bake off at 300 degrees F for about 10 minutes
MASTURBATE & EN-thefuck-JOY